Coconut Yoghurt is Low FODMAP!
Did you know that recently we submitted coconut yoghurt for testing?
We found that at a serve size of 85g, the delicious snack is indeed low FODMAP!
Why test coconut yoghurt?
For those of us Fodmappers who are lactose intolerant, a cultured dairy product like whole milk yogurt and kefir must be consumed in small quantities as tolerated. But now the good news is that many cultured products, such as coconut yoghurt, can be made with coconut milk! Coconut yoghurt is made with coconut milk, so it is naturally dairy free and vegan-friendly.
Speaking of vegan-friendly, you MUST check out this delicious recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Choc Overnight Oats by The FODMAP Friendly Vegan‘s Sharon Rosenrauch!
Vegan Peanut Butter Choc Overnight Oats
Makes: 2 small servings
Time taken: 5 minutes to combine, overnight to set
- 1/3 cup coconut yoghurt
- ½ cup wheat free rolled oats – FODMAP friendly serving
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground flaxmeal
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or stevia equivalent) – to desired level of sweetness
- Optional toppings: desiccated coconut (max 1 tbsp), vegan chocolate chips, chia seeds, 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Blend all ingredients (except the oats) in a blender until smooth and creamy
- Scoop the mixture out of the blender and combine with the oats in a bowl
- Spoon the mixture into a jar with a tight fitting lid
- Close the lid and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, but for best results overnight
- Serve topped with your favourite toppings (I like vegan chocolate chips, desiccated coconut, extra peanut butter & chia seeds)!
About the author:
Sharon Rosenrauch, founder of The FODMAP Friendly Vegan, is an incredibly talented writer who shares recipes and information for anyone wanting to lead a healthier life. With a few intolerances herself (as well as a number of degrees in psychology and nutrition), Sharon is an expert on digestive issues and has published her own eBook which is our go-to for low FODMAP recipes.
Enjoy coconut yoghurt..