I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like pizza – have you?
This low FODMAP pizza recipe is bound to please everyone around the table. The week’s FODMAP Friendly recipe of the week is an indulgent low FODMAP salami & rocket pizza. You could even up the number of low FODMAP vegetables on this pizza to your desire. Other low FODMAP pizza toppings include spinach, broccoli, pumpkin, eggplant, capsicum and zucchini. Adapt this recipe to create your dream FODMAP Friendly pizza!
For Pizza Dough
- 400g Lo Fo Pantry All Purpose/Plain Flour, plus extra for dusting
- 5g salt (2/3 tsp)
- 2g caster sugar (small pinch)
- 250ml water (1 cup)
- 5g dried yeast
- 40g olive oil (2 tbsp)
- 2 slices plain salami or prosciutto
- 30g rocket
- 20g shredded parmesan
- 200g shredded mozzarella or tasty cheese
- 2 tbsp Relish The Barossa Classic Pasta Sauce
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
To Make Pizza Dough: (Makes two pizzas)
1. Preheat oven or pizza oven and pizza stone at 220°C fan-forced (428°F).
2. Combine the yeast, water and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy.
3. In a large bowl combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the centre and then add in the yeast mixture and the oil. Use a round-bladed knife to mix together using a cutting motion until evenly incorporated and the mixture begins to hold together.
4. Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Lightly flour the bench and knead the dough for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in the oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm area i.e. windowsill for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
5. Lightly flour bench. Knead dough and form into a long cylinder. Cut cylinder in half. Use a lightly dusted rolling pin to roll each half into a 20cm disc.
6. Brush top of the pizza dough with a light coating of olive oil.
7. Spread Relish The Barossa classic pasta sauce evenly across two pizza bases.
7. Sprinkle half of the cheeses evenly across the pizza bases.
8. Distribute rocket, salami, tomatoes and remaining cheese evenly across pizza bases.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve.
FODMAP Friendly Products Used In This Recipe