Sweet, tangy with a hit of heat…
This week’s FODMAP Friendly recipe of the week is a Sweet Chilli Prawn Stir Fry. You can whip this up in less than half an hour, making a great after weeknight dinner to put into rotation.
Not a seafood lover? Swap the prawns out for chicken OR try this dish with some firm tofu. Add your favourite low FODMAP vegetables on the side and dip them into the leftover sauce. What a treat!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Ingredients (SERVES 1)
- 70g Stir fry low FODMAP vegetables of your choice (baby corn, broccoli, carrot, bok choi)
- 60g Peeled prawns
- 50g Slightly Different Foods Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 50g Rice noodles
- 2g Fresh red chilli*
- 5g 100% orange juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic infused oil
- 1g Fresh coriander chopped
1. Chop the red chilli and coriander.
2. Place noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Leave to soak for 5 minutes.
3. On a low heat add the oil & fry the vegetables for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a plate.
4. Fry the prawns for about 5 minutes turning occasionally & add a small serving of the Sweet chilli sauce. Heat for 1 minute and place next to the vegetables
5. Drain the rice noodles and mix with the chopped coriander, red chilli and orange juice.
6. Place noodles on top of the vegetables.
7. In a saucepan heat the sweet chilli sauce for one minute or until warmed through.
8. Ready to serve.
*Please note that chilli can be a gut irritant. If you do not tolerate chilli well, omit this ingredient from the recipe.
A medium-spiced sweet chilli stir-fry and dipping sauce with no added garlic and no overpowering aftertaste.
Looking for more delicious low FODMAP recipes? Visit the FODMAP Friendly website for more recipes here.