If winter was a meal, it would be curry. Warm, flavoursome and meal-prep friendly, there isn’t much better than sitting down to a veggie-packed curry on a rainy August evening.
Thai flavours are well-suited to the needs of a low FODMAP diet. Many commonly used Signature Thai ingredients such as coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and fish sauce have all been tested as FODMAP Friendly, so you won’t even realise that onion and garlic are missing. As well as these naturally flavoursome foods, the Casa de Santé Thai Curry Powder will elevate the flavour profile of this curry to the next level.
The FODMAP Friendly Thai green chicken curry is nutritionally balanced – you’ve got your source of protein through the chicken breast, carbohydrates through a range of vegetables & side of brown rice and source of healthy fats through coconut milk. Curries are a fantastic low FODMAP ‘make-ahead’ meal – perfect to take to work or for a quick dinner.
In traditional curries, garlic and onion are often sautéed with the chicken and vegetables. Also, curry pastes are usually off limits due to onion, garlic and cream being at the top of the ingredients lists. This can make attempting to prepare a quick and easy curry difficult and arduous! We’ve made this recipe both FODMAP Friendly and convenient by using a range of vegetables that are low in FODMAPs and deriving flavour from low FODMAP ingredients such as fish sauce, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves.
Casa de Santé specialise in producing low FODMAP, garlic, onion & gluten free spice mixes. These artisan, handcrafted blends are made in small batches using the finest ingredients to take your curries to the next level.
Low FODMAP Winter Thai Green Chicken Curry
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or low FODMAP garlic-infused olive oil if you have it)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red capsicum1 medium carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 400mL tinned coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- For the Thai green curry paste:
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 stalks of lemongrass½ small bunch of coriander
- Brown rice to serve
- 2 teaspoons of Casa de Santé Thai Curry Seasoning
If you can’t source the Casa de Santé Thai Curry Seasoning, add turmeric, cumin, ginger and a dash of cayenne pepper instead.
1. Thinly slice the capsicum, carrot and zucchini. Slice the chicken breasts into cubes on a separate chopping board.
2. Place the Thai green curry paste ingredients into a food processor and blend into a smooth paste.
3. In a large pan, heat the oil and fry the curry paste on a medium heat.
4. After two minutes, add the chicken breasts and coat in the paste.
5. Add the sliced vegetables and kaffir lime leaves. Stir in the coconut milk and allow the curry to simmer gently for around 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables have softened.
6. Add the lime juice to taste.
7. Serve with brown rice.
Casa de Santé products are stocked online and you can purchase the Thai Curry Seasoning here.