In the wintertime, is there anything better than sitting down to a bowl of soup? Simple to prepare but strikingly delicious, prepare for this winter warming root vegetable soup to become your weeknight go-to meal.
In the way that building a sturdy house comes from a strong foundation, the deliciousness of a soup is greatly dependent on the broth it is based from. Slowly cooked using a natural reduction method, FODMAPPED for You Vegetable Broth has a delicious, rich flavour and is the perfect base for this root vegetable soup.
This root vegetable soup provides a great dose of hearty vegetables that will warm you from the inside out. Soups are a fantastic low FODMAP convenience meal – combining warming flavours with the convenience of minimal prep time.
In typical soups, you’ll often see garlic and onions used in the stock, as well as vegetables & legumes higher in FODMAPs such as chickpeas, cauliflower and leek. We’ve made this recipe completely FODMAP Friendly by utilising a range of vegetables low in FODMAPs. The flavour that is subtracted in the absence of garlic and onions is made up for with the use of the FODMAPPED for you Vegetable Broth.
FODMAPPED FOR YOU are the world’s first FODMAP friendly dedicated food brand. They offer an extensive range of FODMAP Friendly products, including soups, simmer sauces, pantry staples, pasta sauces, and ready meals. All FODMAPPED products are FODMAP Friendly certified, so can be easily identified at the supermarket. Their range enables low FODMAPPERs access to a range of typically ‘off limits’ foods – including pasta sauces, vegetable stocks and soups.
Low FODMAP Winter Warming Root Vegetable Soup
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or low FODMAP garlic-infused olive oil if you have it)
- 4 medium carrots
- 4 medium parsnips
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of lactose-free milk
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, sage to garnish (optional)
- 3 cups of FODMAPPED for You Vegetable Broth
If you can’t source the FODMAPPED for you Vegetable broth, make your own broth or add 3 cups of water with herbs (this will significantly alter the flavour).
- Cube the carrots, parsnips, zucchinis & sweet potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the carrots, parsnips, zucchinis & sweet potatoes for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the FODMAPPED for You Vegetable Broth so that it covers the vegetables (add more if it doesn’t).
- Cover the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for around 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender when pierced.
- If you have a stick blender, you can blend the soup in the pot while adding the lactose-free milk until smooth. Otherwise, transfer the soup to a blender gradually and blend until smooth.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper and any desired herbs. You may like to add a piece of low FODMAP bread to the side.
This meal is the perfect weeknight ‘can’t be bothered to cook’ meal. It can also be stored in the fridge for a few days after preparation which makes it a great lunch to take to work.
FODMAPPED for you products are stocked throughout Australia at Coles and Woolworths stores. They are also available worldwide through a range of online distributors. For more detailed information, click here.