We love a good ramen at FODMAP Friendly – so much flavour and versatility with toppings!
In traditional ramen, you’ll often see onion and garlic. The fructans in onion and garlic and GOS in legumes are two FODMAPs that those with IBS aim to reduce when following the low FODMAP diet. To make this ramen FODMAP Friendly, Cobram Estate Garlic and Onion Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, San-J Teriyaki Sauce and San-J Tamari Soy Sauce add that full flavour without the high FODMAP content that onion or garlic have.
Low FODMAP Ramen with Teriyaki Chicken
• 1 rotisserie chicken
• 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Garlic and Onion Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
• 4 cups low FODMAP chicken broth (FODMAPPED For You!, and Lewis & Son have a FODMAP Friendly Chicken Broth. Bay’s Kitchen have FODMAP Friendly chicken stock)
• 2 cups water
• 3 Tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
• 2 Tbsp mirin
• Kosher or fine sea salt and pepper to taste
• 1/3 cup San-J Teriyaki Sauce
• 10 oz (285 grams) Miracle Noodles (or low FODMAP noodles such as rice noodles)
• Ramen eggs
• Sliced peppers
• Bean sprouts
• Sliced black fungi, shimeji or a few enoki mushrooms.
• Sliced green chives
• Sauteed bok choy or kale
• Sriracha sauce – drizzle
1. Prepare the ramen eggs ahead of time, if using.
2. Shred the meat and set aside, reserving the skin and bones.
3. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the chicken broth, water, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, and mirin along with the chicken bones and skin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes. Strain the broth, season to taste with salt and pepper and keep warm.
4. Place the chicken in a large skillet with the teriyaki sauce and heat over medium heat until heated through and the sauce is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
5. Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
6. To serve, divide the noodles among 4 large bowls and ladle the broth over. Top as desired and eat.
San-J Tamari Soy Sauce is FODMAP Friendly and has great flavor enhancing properties. Made with 100% soy and no wheat, it has a richer, milder, more complex taste than regular soy sauce. Add Tamari to soups, gravies, sauces and casseroles. Use it as a marinade and in stir-fry dishes.
San-J Teriyaki Sauce has a perfect balance of Tamari’s rich flavour and a mild sweetness with a hint of ginger and garlic. It is so versatile and great to use as a marinade or for stir-fry’s and fried rice. Marinating and seasoning meats, fish and vegetables is a snap with San-J Teriyaki Sauce. Marinate meat for 30 minutes and cook as desired, or marinate vegetables for 10 minutes and sauté or steam. Certified FODMAP Friendly, gluten-free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization and now verified Non-GMO by the Non-GMO Project.
Miracle Noodles has a large FODMAP Friendly range including: Miracle Noodle Angel Hair, the perfect addition to any health-conscious eater’s cache. These delicious angel hair shirataki noodles are thin and airy, so they make a great starting point for many tasty Italian entrees!
Cobram Estate Garlic and Onion Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available from Woolworths supermarkets in Australia. Cobram Estate Garlic & Onion Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil is crafted from olives grown in Australia’s leading groves on the banks of the Murray River. Each season, selected olives are harvested and crushed within hours to produce the freshest and finest Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Distinctive yet delicate garlic and onion aromas and flavours linger on the palate.
Lewis & Son Chicken Broth
Free Range Chicken Broth is made from the bones of free range chickens, cooked low and slow for 10 hours with carrots, parsnip, celeriac and just the green tops of spring onions.
Bay’s Kitchen have FODMAP Friendly chicken stock. Delicious and rich chicken stock, perfect for adding flavour to your home-cooked meals.
It is Low FODMAP, Gluten Free & Dairy Free!