Delicious risotto with San Elk’s FODMAP Friendly certified Certified Organic Vegetable Stock Powder
Low FODMAP Smoked Salmon and Dill Risotto
1 1/2 cups of Arborio rice
4 teaspoons of San Elk Vegetable Stock dissolved in 1 litre of boiled water
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of canned peas, rinsed and strained
3 tablespoons of finely chopped dill
150grams of smoked salmon slices
100ml thickened cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a saucepan, heat oil on low and add rice. Stir to coat the rice with oil and slightly fry.
2. As soon as you notice the first signs of browning, add 500ml of dissolved stock into pan. Be careful as this will steam quite heavily.
3. Stir lightly and then cover. Maintain on low heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
4. When liquid has mostly evaporated, add another 250ml of stock. Replace lid and continue for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Once again, when liquid has mostly evaporated, add another 125ml of stock along with cream, dill and salmon. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Add in peas and stir well to heat through. Remove from heat.
6. Risotto at this point should be slightly runny. Add a splash of remaining stock to moisten if necessary.
7. Serve immediately and sprinkle with parmesan cheese for a delicious meal.
For a point of difference, you can also cook fresh pieces of salmon to add on top of the risotto.
Recipe Acknowledgment: San Elk