You are going to love this recipe with the smooth and creamy inside of peanut butter and outer layer of decadent dark chocolate is absolutely addicting.
This will be your new go-to snack… Choc Peanut Rice Cakes. This recipe is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth cravings, to enjoy at any time of day as it is simple, easy, and don’t forget… absolutely delicious.
Low FODMAP Choc Peanut Rice Cakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freeze time: 15 minutes
4 Rice Cakes (plain)
60g (10 squares) of dark chocolate
2 Tsbp of peanut butter (and some to garnish)
1.5 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 1. Line a tray or plate with some baking paper
2. Place the rice cakes onto the baking paper
3. Carefully and evenly spread ½ Tsbp of peanut butter onto each rice cake using a butter knife. Making sure to cover the entire rice cake
4. Place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl
5. Place the bowl in the microwave for 1 minute, once finished give it a mix and repeat until the mixture in completely melted and glossy.
6. Once the mixture is melted evenly drizzle and spread 15g (1 Tsbp) on top of each rice cake
7. Once the rice cakes are completed place them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until the outer chocolate layer is completely set
8. After 15-20 minutes take out of the freeze, drizzle with some peanut butter and enjoy!
This snack is low FODMAP when divided into 2 serves. As with any meal or snack, it is good to know your portion sizes and ensure that you’re not consuming more than what is considered a low FODMAP serve.