These cookies are intense, rich and warming to the soul and make for a special homemade gift during the holidays.
Low FODMAP German Cacao Chai Cookies
Prep time: 6 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
– 14 tablespoon Butter
– 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon IrieVeda Cozy Cacao Chai
– ¼ cup Maple syrup
– ½ cup Packed brown sugar
– 1 Large egg
– 2 cups Gluten-free flour
– ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
– ½ teaspoon Salt
– ½ cup Confectioners/icing sugar
- 1. In a small skillet over medium low heat, melt butter. Mix in Cozy Cacao Chai spice blend. Add maple syrup and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring.
- 2. 2. Remove mixture from heat and pour into a mixing bowl. Add brown sugar. Mix to combine and allow to cool completely.
3. Once cooled, mix in egg.
4. Combine GF flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk dry ingredients into to wet mixture. Mix to combine and form the dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
5. Once ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 F. Line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
6. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop dough and place on sheet 1 inch apart.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Roll in confectioners sugar and Enjoy!
Recipe Acknowledgement: IrieVeda