Nothing says Summer like a barbeque and this barbequed lemon trout offers a light, fresh and tangy low fodmap option for the Summer season.
Perfect to serve with crusty sourdough bread or potatoes and a light salad.
- 1 kg side ocean trout with skin on
- 30mL Cobram Estate Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 30mL extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Casa de Santé Lemon and Herb Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns, lightly crushed (optional)
- Micro herbs to serve
- 1. Slice one lemon into thin round pieces.
- 2. Rub trout on both sides and herb seasoning.
- 3. Mix garlic infused olive oil and plain extra virgin olive oil together and brush over trout.
- 4. Preheat barbeque to high with hood closed.
- 5. Place trout on a barbeque plate with the skin facing up and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6. Turn trout and cover with lemon slices. Cook for a further 12-15 minutes with the hood closed or until just cooked.
- 7. Transfer to a large serving plate or wooden board.
- 8. Top with parsley, capers and pink peppercorns to serve.
Certified Products Used In This Recipe
Available at major supermarkets around Australia.
Available online via the Casa De Sante Website with worldwide shipping.