Low FODMAP Pad Thai
Thai foods are aromatic, flavorsome and delicious! If you like Thai food, this week’s low FODMAP recipe is for you!
Garlic and onion are commonly used ingredients in many recipes, however, they are considered as high in FODMAPs. Cobram Estate has a range of infused olive oil including garlic and onion infused olive oil so you don’t miss the garlic and the onion flavours!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 125 g dried rice sticks
- 1 tbsp tamarind puree
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Garlic or Onion Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil or a mix
- 150 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 cups of beansprouts
- 1/2 cup firm tofu, sliced
- 1/4 cup of spring onion (GREEN TOPS ONLY), sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
Serve your pad thai with:
- Lime wedges (essential!)
- Ground chilli or fresh sliced chilli (optional)
- 1. Cook and drain rice noodles according to package instructions.
- 2. Mix Sauce in a small bowl.
3. Heat 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Garlic or Onion Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large non stick pan over high heat.
4. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes until mostly cooked through.
5. Push to one side of the pan, pour egg in on the other side. Scramble using the wooden spoon (add a touch of extra oil if pan is too dry), then mix into chicken.
6. Add bean sprouts, tofu, noodles, then the sauce mixture.
7. Toss gently for about 1-2 minutes until the sauce is absorbed by the noodles. Add spring onions and half the peanuts. Toss through quickly then remove from heat.
8. Serve immediately, with the remaining peanuts on top and lime wedges on the side (with a sprinkle of chilli)!
Established in 1998, Cobram Estate is the leading provider of olive oil in Australia, and a leader in Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).
Garlic and onion are common ingredients used in everyday cooking. The FODMAP Friendly certified infused EVOO provide fodmappers the ability to enjoy these flavours back into their cooking! The full range of Cobram Estate’s FODMAP Friendly EVOO includes:
Find out more on Cobram Estate’s website.