Looking for high protein meal ideas? Try our Spinach Tofu Quinoa Bowl- A delightful fusion of flavours that is gentle on your stomach. A protein-packed meal, with vibrant, low-FODMAP ingredients like baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber. We’ve added diced tofu for an extra protein boost, all tied together with a zesty olive oil and lemon juice. This meal is quick to prepare and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Low FODMAP Spinach Tofu Quinoa Bowl
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (green parts only)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the water is absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and let it cool slightly.
- 2. While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Wash and chop the baby spinach, halve the cherry tomatoes, slice the cucumber, and dice the firm tofu.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice to create a simple vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chopped spinach, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, and diced tofu.
- 5. Pour the vinaigrette over the quinoa mixture and gently toss everything together until well combined.
- 6. Sprinkle the chopped fresh chives over the top of the quinoa bowl for added flavor.
- 7. Serve the quinoa bowl warm or at room temperature. (Note: You can also top it off with a boiled egg). Enjoy!