Thinking of a delicious, indulgent breakfast idea for this weekend? Look no further than these delicious low FODMAP, vegan, strawberry waffles. To top it off, add FODMAP Friendly certified Cocofrio ice cream. There’s plenty of low FODMAP flavours to choose from. Our picks for this recipe would be Hazelnut Choc Delight or Naked Coconut!
The original recipe from Cocofrio is linked here. We adapted this recipe to create a low FODMAP version for you to enjoy.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 500 g of frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup of buckwheat flour (or a low FODMAP gluten free flour would work too)
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 ¼ cup of oat milk
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- FODMAP Friendly Certified Cocofrio ice cream
1. To make the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it becomes syrupy. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the coconut oil, oat milk and vanilla extract. Whisk the batter to remove any lumps.
3. Preheat the waffle machine. Once heated, pour in the batter and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes until the waffles are crispy.
4. To serve, place the waffles on the serving dish. Top with a scoop of your favourite Cocofrio ice cream and drizzle the strawberry mixture over.
5. Enjoy the delicious vegan waffles!
Who Is Cocofrio?
Ice cream never tasted better. Cocofrio is Australia’s all-natural, dairy-free and gluten-free ice cream. Made in Melbourne, with coconut milk and other organic ingredients. Cocofrio marks a new beginning in healthy living.
Worry no more about dairy or FODMAPs. Even if you are not FODMAP or lactose-intolerant, you still have many tasty and healthy reasons to choose Cocofrio ice cream. Coconut milk based and sweetened with organic brown rice malt syrup, Cocofrio is an Epicurean delight and a healthy choice. Enjoy oodles of mouth-watering flavours. Tasted and tested by food experts and health enthusiasts. Cococfrio is the ice cream for everyone.
Cocofrio coconut milk ice cream is not just an alternative. It is as good as or even better than regular dairy ice cream. Just one scoop and you will soon start a lifelong tradition.
Cocofrio is available in Australia at independent supermarkets and Coles Local stores. Use their online stockist finder to find your nearest store here.