Your perfect low FODMAP breakfast or snack, smashed pumpkin on sourdough will leave you satisfied for the rest of the day. Filled with yummy goodness and flavour this recipe is a great source of fibre and vitamin A and C.
Low FODMAP Smashed Pumpkin on Sourdough Toast
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
- 90g Butternut Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup or 40g canned chickpeas
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 slices of Sourdough bread of your choice
- 5 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice to season
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1. Preheat oven to 180ºC
- 2. Thinly slice pumpkin and place in microwave friendly bowl. Cover with lid and microwave for 8 minutes on medium.
- 3. Prepare chickpeas by combining chickpeas with nutmeg, 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Spread onto a third of the oven tray.
- 4. Remove steamed pumpkin from the microwave friendly bowl and onto remaining space on the oven tray. Drizzle pumpkin with 2 tsp olive oil and place the tray in the oven.
- 5. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until chickpeas and pumpkin form a golden-brown crust.
- 6. Toast sourdough bread in the oven grill or in a toaster until golden. Lightly drizzle with remaining olive oil. Layer roast pumpkin onto toast and smash with the back of a fork. Top with roast chickpeas and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Serve.
- 7. Option to add fried halloumi and basil as a complimentary side.