LOW FODMAP RISOTTO – Smoked Salmon & Dill Risotto
Nothing screams comfort food like a warm risotto with packs of flavour. This week’s low FODMAP recipe of the week is by San Elk – creators of Organic, Artisan Low FODMAP vegetable stock powder. The original recipe can be found here. We’ve adapted the original recipe so that all ingredients used are low in FODMAPs – Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups of Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 4 teaspoons of San Elk Low FODMAP Vegetable Stock dissolved in 1 litre of boiled water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cup of fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped dill
- 150grams of smoked salmon slices
- 100ml lactose-free cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a saucepan, heat oil on low and add rice. Stir to coat the rice with oil and slightly fry.
2. As soon as you notice the first signs of browning, add 500ml of dissolved stock into pan. Be careful as this will steam quite heavily.
3. Stir lightly and then cover. Maintain on low heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
4. When liquid has mostly evaporated, add another 250ml of stock. Replace lid and continue for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Once again, when liquid has mostly evaporated, add another 125ml of stock along with spinach, lactose-free cream, dill and salmon. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until spinach is cooked. Remove from heat.
6. Risotto at this moping should be slightly runny. Add a splash of remaining stock to moisten if necessary.
7. Serve immediately and sprinkle with parmesan cheese for a delicious meal.
San Elk’s certified organic artisan low FODMAP vegetable stock has been tested and certified as FODMAP Friendly. Their ingredients are carefully selected to comply with the low FODMAP diet. They wanted to create a vegetable stock made from certified organic ingredients, that’s full of flavour and gentle on the stomach.