Indulge in the comfort of a classic toastie without the discomfort. Perfect for a quick and satisfying meal, this toastie will be your new go-to for a delicious and stomach-friendly treat. Give it a try and experience the joy of eating a toastie again!
Low FODMAP Toastie
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 2 slices of low FODMAP bread – Check out these FODMAP Friendly bread options.
- 1/4 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat a panini press or a large non-stick pan on medium heat.
- 2. Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato paste on each slice of bread.
- 3. Sprinkle the grated cheese on one of the slices.
- 4. Add the chopped basil on top of the cheese.
- 5. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- 6. Place the other slice of bread on top, creating a sandwich.
- 7. Lightly coat the outside of the sandwich with cooking spray.
- 8. Place the sandwich on the panini press or in the pan and cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- 9. Slice in half and serve hot!