Indulge in the crispy goodness of these homemade Low FODMAP Tortilla Chips. With just a few simple ingredients – corn tortillas, your choice of extra virgin olive oil, and a sprinkle of low FODMAP seasoning – these chips are a delightful snack or side dish. Perfect for satisfying your craving for something savoury
Low FODMAP Corn Chips
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil or garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas (i.e. La Tortilleria or Simson’s Pantry)
- Pinch of salt
- Low FODMAP Seasoning of choice (i.e. Casa De Sante or Black Market Spice Merchants)
- 1. Lay tortillas out on a single layer of baking paper and dry in the oven at 180°C / 365°F for 5 minutes.
2. Once dried, cut each tortilla wrap into 6 triangle shaped wedges.
3. Pour your chosen oil into a medium pan with enough depth the chips will be covered in oil. Heat the oil in the pan on medium high heat until a tortilla will sizzle when placed in oil.
4. Fry tortilla chips in oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
5. Place fried chips onto a plate lined with paper towel to soak up extra oil.
6. Sprinkle chips with salt and/or low fodmap seasoning to a desired coverage.
Enjoy your homemade tortilla chips with a variety of low FODMAP dips you can make!
See those recipes here